Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning. Lam. 3:23
I felt this verse ring true today. It indeed was a new day with new mercies and a faithful God to walk through it with. Here were some of the sweet mercies of this day:
- A friend who stayed last night delivered a hot Pumpkin Spice latte the moment I rolled out of bed. Really I could end there because that was such a treat. But alas, the list continues.
- The kids and I went to OMSI with a dear friend and kids that we haven’t seen in far too long and we live far to close for that to be true. It was great to see her.
- My friend brought a friend with her who was delightful and fun to talk with.
- Giggling kids in a fort together and in the tub tonight squealing with delight as they poured cold water on each other.
- We didn’t leave OMSI with any major melt downs or a flailing child.
- Play dates with one of Jenna’s best friends.
- It was a hot, glorious September day.
- Isaac only hit Jenna and her friend in the face once. We call this progress, especially compared to yesterday.
- I did a workout with the kids because Jenna requested Jillian. She’s such a slave driver.
- I got to read my Bible in a few minutes of quiet and a new book that is challenging me in some good ways.
- I just finished off the brownies that I made this week. Mmmmmm.
- It’s now 8:01 and the house is calm, quiet and restful.
I would say that is a pretty blessed day and I’m so thankful for it.
Now, if you’re looking for a good brownie recipe, try this one here. It uses zucchini (which some of you may have growing in your garden), whole wheat flour and I made mine vegan (which she tells you how to do. I also used applesauce and not all the oil). So it’s healthy right? Who cares if there’s oil and sugar in there, it has a vegetable in it. And it’s so amazing with the frosting on top and a nice scoop of Trader Joe’s, vanilla soy ice cream. So delicious!
How was your day? I hope you were showered with some small mercies in your day as well.